6.29.2011

Sleep, Where Have You Gone?

Sleep has not been so great lately.  I have been lying there in bed, just trying to drift off, with little success. 

(Here is why I'm writing about this and here is why I have goals every month). 

I have followed the rules!  I shut down my laptop a good 30 minutes before I go to bed.  Same with the television.  I find it hard to turn off "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" but I am doing it.  I am counting backward from 300 by two's (298...296...294...).  Usually this helps shut my brain down as I am falling asleep, but lately...nope.  Not doing the trick.

from tlc's "my big fat gypsy wedding"
Sleep continues to allude me.  I'm lying in bed until midnight or 1:00, just wide awake.  And it is miserable.

Remember that leptin thing that Oprah's sleep guy talked about?  How leptin is the appetite suppressant that our body makes, and it recharges when we sleep?  My leptin supply is running very low.  I want to eat all the time.  I don't know what I want to eat, and I'm not hungry, but I am eating like it is my job.

I have that sleep-deprived fuzzy brain feeling right now, so I'm not even sure how to put sentences together.

I give up.  I'll leave you with another image from "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding".  Why? 

Why not.

1 comment:

  1. My sister just left me this message on facebook:

    "I tried to comment on it and it wouldn't let me. You need to go get meletonin from a natural food/pharmacy place. I have the lowest dosage (1 mg/tablet). I take 2 on the nights I can feel my brain racing. And, I've been known to share the love with the kiddos (just 1 tablet). And, they've been known to ask for thier "sleeping pills." Whoops."

    Has anyone else tried meletonin? I'm buying some asap. Note that I am commenting at 11:33 pm. Not exactly following the rules tonight. Blast.
    Also: picture me shaking my fist at blogger for not letting my sister comment on my outstanding post. Darn you Blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...