7.02.2011

July Already?

Here it is, the 2nd day of July, and I am still not sure what my goal is for the month.  I just looked back at some ideas from April, and there are some really good ones.

I've narrowed it down to three:
1.  Try a variation on your diet for a month (no sugar, no gluten, no processed foods, vegetarian).
2.  Spend time with your husband every day, intentionally.  (Like, not just talking about bills and the logistics of running a home together). 
3.  Make something with your hands every day (gardening, a craft, a new recipe).

I think now is a good time to let you know something.  Some of these goals that I work on for a month at a time are often implemented strictly Monday through Friday, then loosely on the weekends.  I have been waking up at 6:30 in June, except on the Saturdays when the hubs is home and I sleep in a little later- like until (woohoo!) 8:30.  Is that cheating?  Does anyone feel slighted by this?

I have to make that clear.  I could work my tail off to be sugar free Monday through Friday, but then take a breather on Saturday.  Cutting corners?  Maybe.  Want to make something of it?

So- I'm taking votes!  What should I work on for July?  I'll close the official voting on Tuesday, July 5 so get your vote on.  Let's get out and Rock the Vote!


 If you are reading this post via Google Reader or another subscription, click on over to my real-live, legit blog and vote in my poll!

4 comments:

  1. you should make one of those voting poll things that counts your votes- blogger has those.

    anywho, i vote for making things.

    and i never vote for 7 days a week of anything. okay, eating and sleeping and taking care of kids =)

    make things.
    then send them to me.
    i like hand made things =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If sugar has the hold on you that it has on me, then that's my vote. I think I'm going to try no-sugar next month. I've giving myself this month off, cause Noah's birthday is in 2 weeks...so...you know...I can't NOT have cake at his party, right? Especially after I work so hard on it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. robyn (beckley) if the final vote is to make things, i will make something darn special and send it right to you.

    keely maybe you could go sugar free for a few days with me, just to test it out... not around noah's birthday, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going no-sugar and no-alcohol this week. That nightly beer is great for my breast milk, but not so great for that spare tire around my waist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...